How to prepare Bill of Sale
What is a bill of sale?
A bill of sale refers to a document or receipt that records the transfer of an asset's ownership from one person to another. This type of legally binding document is commonly associated with the sale of vehicles. It also may be used to transfer ownership of any asset (mobile home, boat, or watercraft). In a nutshell, you can prove almost any sale or purchase with this document. A general bill of sale includes all transaction details required to protect both parties during and after the sale.
When should you use this type of document?
As the name suggests, a bill of sale solidifies your sale deal. You'd use this document in the following situations:
What information must a generic bill of sale include?
The document must include the following information:
- Date of purchase.
- Seller and buyer names.
- Contact details.
- Description of asset(s) purchased.
- Guarantees about claims and offsets.
- Price of asset(s).
- Methods of payment.
- Warranty details.
Be aware of state-specific regulations and requirements regarding the sale or purchase of assets when looking for a bill of sale template. Rules may vary, and some states require both the buyer and seller to sign or notarize the document.
How to get and complete the appropriate Bill of Sale template
Legal paperwork requires accurate completion and compliance with federal and applicable state laws to be valid. You'll need solid and costly professional expertise to compose it from scratch, and surfing the web for verified legal templates takes considerable time. We offer a better solution for you here!
Our website offers fully compliant fillable and printable Bill of Sale forms drafted by professional lawyers. Answer all our survey questions, and our system will pre-fill your template with your information. The process takes only a few minutes, saving you time, money, and effort.
Follow this guide to obtain your Bill of Sale within minutes:
- Select your state and form from the dropdown menu (if available) and click Create document to proceed with form completion.
- Answer our questions, describing your situation as accurately as you can.
- Check your answers to be sure that everything is correct and comprehensive.
- Use the Back button to make corrections, and once ready, click Submit.
- Review your pre-filled document and access it if everything is ready.
- Log in or create an account, choosing a subscription that suits you best.
- Get your ready-to-go document in a suitable format with the Download button.
Take advantage of our service, where anyone can easily create a professionally looking state-specific Bill of Sale irrespective of their legal expertise. We offer the fastest way to prepare your paperwork with maximum efficiency. Save time on endless web searches for suitable blank forms. Get your legal paperwork now in only a few simple clicks!